I got tagged twice. I won't reveal their names since it may implicate me and I haven't worked out my escape plan, so I am fulfilling my portion of the meme madness and giving back to the blogging community. (I don't know exactly what I'm giving back, but my garage needs to be cleaned. I'm sure I'll find something worthy in there.)
You know the rules, you know I'm playing..
Eight things I'm looking forward to:
1. Chicago. It will be interesting to see if some of these "Hottest Mommy Blogger" contenders are actually as hot as their nominators claim.
2. Dinner. I'm actually starving right now and the last night's leftovers are calling to me. Which is weird since I don't remember giving them my cell number..
3. Sprite finishing potty training. We're both stubborn, but science, life, and every commenter says I will win this war. It's just a matter of when. "Hey, Sprite? WHEN!"
4. Renovating our bathroom. (Um, John? Can we renovate the bathroom?)
5. Finally convincing John that having another baby will not kill us financially. It may kill us in other ways, but he's looking at the financial which is where my argument is strongest.
6. Winning the lottery. (Meh, why not?)
7. Labor Day weekend. John and I will celebrate ten years together with a weekend away. (Does it still count as a romantic weekend if the kid joins us?)
8. Another baby. (This is fully dependent on whether or not I can get past Number 5.)
Eight things I did in the last seven days: (It should read "yesterday", but I'm taking liberties)
1. Met Cletus the Fetus!
2. Had an in-depth discussion on which Princess is smartest and could probably kick the other Princesses' butts. With John.
3. Watched a friend get hit on by a flirty flamingo.
4. Talked about how I have a great kid who rarely gives me problems.
5. Watched my kid prove me a liar within seconds of my boasting.
6. Had it hinted to me that my daughter's cough could be the beginning stages of "Swine Flu".
7. Spent $25 co-pay to prove it wasn't "Swine Flu".
8. Put off this meme until I could no longer avoid it.
Eight things I wish I could do:
1. Be on time more often.
2. Find the magic button which shuts off tantrums. (It must be SOMEWHERE.) (I would also make millions!)
3. Get more sleep.
4. The sleep thing should be mentioned again.
5. Okay, once more for good measure.
6. Play the piano. (Always wanted to try, but my fingers are way too drunk.)
7. Speak Spanish. (It would blow my in-laws away.)
8. Abolish all meme's.
Eight shows I watch:
1. Better Off Ted- Seriously, you must give this show a chance. Just this past episode, I heard the phrase "full frontal nerdity". Snark is abundant in this show!
2. Family Guy- What? You watch it too! Don't pretend you don't!
3. 20/20- I've been watching this show since the early 90's. I think I havehave a thing for John Stossel.
4. Grey's Anatomy- I'm really not sure why I'm still watching. The stories are wearing thin, the stars are just too thin, and they killed another child in this last episode. Stop killing kids in shows! My hormones can't take the abuse! (Oh my God, I've just become my mother.)
5. Scrubs- They made a full half hour musical last year and even choreographed a song about poop. I kept that one show saved on my DVR for months until John switched us over to Hi Def and they erased everything in memory. I mourned the loss of that one episode. I still do.
6. Ace Of Cakes- Duff Goldman. He bakes, he's bald, he's Jewish. And his side kick Geoff? I have a thing for geeks. (Right, John?)
7. The Biggest Loser- This show is a big inspiration to me in showing what people can do when they really put their minds and bodies into it. I just have a few recommendations for slight changes. Stop advertising on the show. Seriously, it's tacky. Product placement is one thing, shoving the product down the audience's gullet is just overkill.
8. Private Practice- I know. I took it off my DVR list, but I've still watched. And then this last episode? Oh, how perfect! The wife is pregnant and needs a heart transplant or she and the baby die. The husband is a perfect match and blood type and makes the sad quip "I'd give her my heart if I could". Then he dies of an insulin overdose and of course she gets it! Oh, wait! The other story! A teacher gets treated by one doctor for an STD and then one of the other doctors is treating a kid who is having a reaction to antibiotics given to him by the teacher since they were sleeping together. Now, the story is actually kind of believable. The unbelievable fact is that they were both patients at the same practice. This is L.A., folks! You can't walk a city block without tripping over an M.D.! Are they even checking to see if anyone is watching anymore? Are they just riding the season out to certain cancellation? And yet, I watch!
Eight people I tag: Pffft.
On to the next piece of torture!
Ooh, a question and answer one!
1. What are your current obsessions? The what if's. I always obsess over them. (I'm a lot of fun at parties!)
2. Which item from your wardrobe do you wear most often? I try to give every piece the same amount of attention, which is none. I wear the same five outfits to work. I have the same weekend outfits (With jeans!) and the same "nice" outfits. My wardrobe could be a contender on What Not To Wear. Luckily though, I'm not enough of a trainwreck for Clinton and Stacey to ever consider me.
3. What's for dinner? Beef? Um, didn't they answer that question a few years ago?
4. Last thing you bought? A munchkin as a trade so I could wipe all the crud out of Sprite's nose without a fight. (Totally worked. I used an M&M last night to get a saline spray into her nostrils.) (I'm not above bribery.) (Anymore.)
5.What are you listening to? Lost. I should be watching it, but then I wouldn't be typing this sentence, would I?
6. If you were a god/goddess, who would you be? Me. I AM a goddess. Of snark. And pretty full of myself too.
7. Favorite vacation spots? Spot? Why so restrictive? How about a patch?
8. Reading right now? "Always Looking U"p by Michael J. Fox. I like his overall message of inspiration, but there's a lot of name dropping which just kicks me right out of the story. Then again, he is a celebrity. He's supposed to name drop, right?
9. Four words to describe yourself? Chill out a little.
10. Guilty pleasure? Getting my nails done every other week. I barely pay attention to my hair, I only buy make up since my inventory expires long before I use a good quarter of it, and my shoe collection is based more on convenience than class. So spending a little on making sure my nails look good? Worth it. Let's not talk about my toes..
11. Who or what makes you laugh until you're weak? Sprite. Seriously! The kid is such a lark and the caffeine boost I need at the end of a long work day. She makes me smile and the verbal blunders at her age are a riot.
12. Favorite thing to do in the summer? A good sweaty time in the park and an ice cold raspberry lime-ade at Sonic right after to cool off. (Those are the days when calories don't count against you.)
13. Planning to travel to next? Chicago!
14. Best thing you ate or drank lately? My sister's latkes. (I think I'm still working them off though.)
15. When did you last get tipsy? Passover. The wine was abundant, but it only took two glasses to finish me off.
16. Favorite film ever? Gah. Too many to mention. I like the classic's, the comedies, the dramas, the "chick flicks", and even some of the suspense.
17. Care to share some wisdom? Nope. You probably don't want to hear it anyway.
18. Least favorite thing about driving in the Boondocks? In my area, the Boondocks are the county roads to the orange fields. So, my least favorite thing is getting stuck behind people travelling far too slowly, or stuck in front of people who flash their high beams at me when the speed limit isn't up to par for them.
19. Least favorite part of your day? Leaving Sprite at daycare while I go to work. I wish way too often that I could just stay and play with her all day.
Now, I'm supposed to tag some people.. Oh, no! My computer battery is dying! No! I must pass this on! I must keep the meme moving! I need to tag- aaaaahhhh!!!!!